About Portfolio Services
Who is it designed for?
Financial Planning Practices and Stockbroking Firms looking:
- to hand over the administration of their investment portfolio to an experienced portfolio administrator
- for a solution to the administrative burden of managing corporate actions for clients
- for a comprehensive annual tax information to facilitate tax return preparation
- for a consolidated administration solution for their client equity and option portfolios
Our Portfolio Services are available to clients via their adviser. Clients wanting more information on how the service can help them grow their wealth should contact their adviser.
What features do you receive?
- Access portfolio information 24 hours a day, 365 days a year through the CommSec Adviser Services website
- Combine the Portfolio Service with one of our online trading packages for an end-to-end client portfolio management solution
- Comprehensive reporting
- Allows advisers and brokers to make better informed client portfolio investment decisions
- Online corporate actions management
- View client entitlement notifications online
- Lodge corporate action instructions and nominate participation electronically
- Share registry correspondence management
- Initial Public Offerings
- Adviser and client logins
- Give your clients view-only access to view holdings and reports while retaining full control of the portfolio with view and trade permissions
- Tax parcel management and reporting
- Our proprietary tax engine manages data at individual tax parcel level and uses ‘minimise gain’ parcel matching to minimise your client’s capital gains tax liability
- Comprehensive tax reports detailing all investment-related transactions after financial year-end
- Service fee management
- Service fees are calculated daily and the client charged on a monthly basis
How do we support you?
Administration of all client investments including:
- Mail administration service
- Processing dividends and other income to the cash management trust account
- Managed fund applications
- Notification of all corporate actions
- Processing corporate actions based on your selected options
- Dividend Reinvestment Plans
- Initial Public Offering applications
For more information about our Portfolio Services, see the Portfolio Services - Website Guide (PDF).
For Advised Clients
Who can use the CommSec Adviser Services Portfolio Services?
This service can be accessed by anyone who has a relationship with an adviser who is authorised to provide our Portfolio Services. You should ask your adviser if this is a service they provide.
This service can be used for administration of assets such as cash, ASX listed equities, exchange traded options, both retail and wholesale managed funds, fixed interest investments and overseas shares.
You can also save fees if your total funds under management are across multiple portfolios by ‘householding’ the combined value. For example;
You have a share trading account, a separate margin lending account, and a self managed super fund with $67,000, $195,000, and $278,000 invested respectively, making the total net worth of your funds under management $540,000.
The Portfolio Services ‘households’ these accounts and charges you a single charging fee on the total funds under management as opposed to three fees across the three separate portfolios.
For more information about the costs of taking up our Portfolio Services, contact your adviser.
The Portfolio Services Advantage
Better information leads to better results - Accessing key reports when you want allows you and your adviser to be able to make better investment decisions.
Managing your investments so you don’t miss opportunities - Get priority notice of rights issues, buy backs, takeover offers and other capital movements so you and your adviser have more time to decide on how you will act.
Investments remain in your name - Unlike other portfolio offerings that operate on a custodial basis, your assets remain in your name. There is no transfer of ownership.
Seeing the total picture is key to the right investment strategy - Park all your investments in one place. We are one of Australia’s best asset lists including:
- ASX Equities, Property Trusts, Warrants, Options & Convertible Notes;
- International Equities;
- Wholesale Managed Funds;
- Retail Managed Funds;
- Listed Trusts;
- Fixed Interest Securities;
- Cash Management Account (CMA);
- Exchange Traded Options;
- Term Deposits; and
- Even boutique investments such as art, antiques and other collectables
Annual optimised tax reports can save you money - Save time at the accountant’s with the optimised tax reporting service.
Learn about the different features and benefits of the Portfolio Service and how to use them with our easy to understand User Guide.
Use this calculator to establish a client’s portfolio administration and adviser service fee.
Guide to Transition Services
Learn how our dedicated transition team can manage the whole transition process from start to finish.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find the answers to most commonly asked questions about Portfolio services.